Whenever there is a gap in between your teeth, you start feeling uncomfortable because there are many issues related to it. For instance, with losing teeth, you can’t eat properly; even if you try to do so, you either see some bleeding or pain in your teeth. And as a solution, you look for the solution. But before you know the solution, you need to know what exactly the problem is. In this article, we will discuss gum pockets and how to cure gum pockets. Along with that, we will discuss the most common causes of gum pockets too.
Now before moving further,
We need to know what are gum pockets exactly?
Well, Gum Pockets may be defined as an extra spacing in your gums and teeth. In other words, space between where your teeth are fixed (the gum line) and the teeth. These spaces are called Gum Pockets because they act as a container (pocket) where infections and bacteria can live.
You must be wondering, what is the need to fill these gaps?
To be honest, I’ve already told you the most primary reasons, that is, a container of bacteria and infections. In short, if there is space in your gum line, and then the bacteria’s and infections start forming up there, and later, these bacteria’s will release acid that will decay your teeth. In the very end, your other tooth will also be affected by this.
It is also said and labeled as gum disease, which should be treated on time; otherwise, you will have to either extract the teeth or go with multiple treatments.
Since you’re now aware of what exactly Gum Pockets are, now let us move further and know the causes of why we may have Gum Pockets.
- See, when you eat anything, the food particles are stuck in between your teeth, and in order to remove them, we do brushing too. But even after doing that, there may be some particles left in between your teeth. So later, these particles as food for bacteria and infections, which will later release acid that will decay the tooth. And when the tooth is decayed, the gum lines will have some space called the sulcus, which will act as a container of those bacteria.
- Apart from this, when you eat sticky and sugary food items, they are not properly cleaned even after proper brushing; these sugary food items will damage your teeth.
- Next, when you do too rough brushing, you sometimes hurt your gums, and so, you may also see bleeding. If this pattern is repeated multiple times, then space will be generated in your gums, which will also have that space that is almost equal to sulcus, but the effect will be the same.
- Not just this much, if your immune system is not good, then the gums will be weak, so when you chew hard food items or if you put pressure on your gums, you will see that space in between your gum line and teeth will be created, which will loosen your teeth.
- Last but not least, if you’ve met any accident or injury and if your teeth are damaged or gums are hurt, then the sulcus typed space will be created, and hence it will also be considered as Gum Pockets.
Now, you’re all aware of the most common causes of Gum Pockets. It’s time to also know about the risk factors of gum diseases (Gum Pockets).
So the most common risk factors involved are:
- Chewing Tobacco
- Crooked Teeth
- Broken Fillings
- Genetic Factors
Now let us move further and know:
How to reduce Gum Pockets Naturally?
See, if the Gum Pockets are not too big, then you can treat them on your own; otherwise, you have to go to a dentist in order to get a professional and efficient treatment. Let us first know what if your Gum Pockets are small, how can you treat them? Let’s know that.
- Regular Brushing:
It is always recommended that you should do regular brushing; this not just helps to keep your teeth clean but also is helpful in removing any bacteria that might form.
Even if you brush properly, there are still many chances that some food particles may be stuck in between your teeth. So to remove them, you need to floss too. As when you do this, those food particles will be removed.
- Using Electric Toothbrush:
Electric Toothbrushes are quite popular these days because they can go inside your mouth properly and at different angles. So locations which a normal toothbrush can’t reach could be reached by Electric Toothbrush.
- Salt-Water Rinse:
This is one of the most efficient gum pockets home treatment procedures through which you can reduce the effect of Gum Pockets and may also reduce them. All you need to do is, take warm water, mix it with salt, and then rinse your mouth twice a day.
- Essential Oil Pulling:
In this treatment method, you have to add around 2 or 3 drops of tea tree, clove, or basil essential oil on eight fluid ounces cup of warm water. Mix it properly, and then you have to rinse your mouth with this oil. This method is also called Oil Pulling that will pull almost 95% of the bacteria available in your mouth.
These were the best home treatments available in order to reduce Gum Pockets naturally.
If you still think that I have a pocket in my Gums and these treatments are not sufficient for you, then you should consider going to a dentist near you. As the dentist will examine your mouth, will do necessary treatment. In most cases, the dentist will do either of the following:
- Root Planing
And then your Gum Pockets problem will be sorted out. And if you want to have it treated by any expert dentistry, then you should book your appointment at West Keller Dental, which is one of the best dentistry in Keller, Texas, with a 100% client satisfaction rate.